Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Juice Journals: DAY 2

My 10 day juice fast journal...DAY 2

I have one day crossed off on the calendar countdown!

Physically:
I feel good. I am not overly tired or hungry. If I get hungry I drink a juice and some water. It lasts about 3-4 hours between juices. I am still craving. Pinterest is the devil with its beautiful pictures of recipes I want to try. I am still freezing cold. I had a touch of a headache the same time today. I felt better after a juice and some water. I went to for my daily walk with Jackson and felt good. Last night, I was suddenly so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. I usually wait up for Tanner when he closes but I just couldn't last night. I usually toss and turn for 45 minutes before I fall asleep. Last night, I laid down and was out.

Emotionally:
Afternoon and late evening is the hardest time today. Tonight was the worst. I want to snack. Today I am craving Double Stuffed Oreos with a big glass of milk. I can't even remember the last time I had those but I want them now. Or some milk chocolate pudding. Mmm chocolate. Otherwise I feel good. No weeping in the shower or yelling at the kids. :) Or kicking the dog. I had a professor in college, that would give us these great life pep talks. About how you have to make a life doing what you love. Making yourself happy so you don't "go home and kick the dog". I think it was a metaphor for being miserable. Anyhoo, emotionally, I am good.

What we juiced today:
I actually did half the days juicing before bed last night so Tanner would have juice to take to work in to morning. I made our super fruity breakfast juice. It was REALLY good. It had strawberries, raspberries, green apple and pineapple in it. Yum. Then I think I messed up one of the green juice of the day by adding too much ginger. It had red leaf lettuce, carrot, celery, cucumber, and about 1" of ginger. The ginger overpowered the whole thing. Then I made my go to from the meal replacement last week. It has cucumber, carrot, celery, kale, kiwi and a green apple. This one is good.

Water Goals:
Met and then some again. I am really glad I can have decaf green tea or I would really be missing my coffee. Well, more than I already am.

Over all today was BETTER than yesterday. I know Tanner is having some serious issues with being around food constantly and that darn caffeine withdrawal. He was pretty crabby getting up this morning. He said he couldn't concentrate on his work last night. So I hope he starts feeling better or it is going to be a rough 10 days for me and his employees!

No comments:

Post a Comment